Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Storyboard


My ending depends on which audio I use. Either a good ending or a "bad ending". Right now I'm kind of leaning towards a "bad ending". The basic gist is someone struggling with depression. The feelings would be animated figures and the person struggling with them would be a video of a live person but effected to look like an outline and maybe some very desaturated color. The color theme would be mostly black and white looking but with an overlay of maybe bluish green. The characters probably wouldn't talk much but if they did speak, I'm debating on whether I want them to actually be voiced or if I want their voice to be text. Please feel free to advise me on which ending you'd think would be better which might help me decide the audio. Thanks for any feedback :).

4 comments:

  1. I'm also leaning towards the bad ending, but you'll have a chance to explain your concept more once we are in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a neat idea, and I would suggest putting a dark vignette at the frame to give it a darker vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting concept. I see the dilemma with music choice. I think a "bad ending" could lend itself to more drama, but also be more realistic rather than a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't quite make out the idea from the thumbnails, probably be better to walk us through it. really should consider green screen, which is not that difficult, if you are going to incorporate the figure into a cartoon world. Animating to an existing soundtrack is always a good idea as it gets you started right off the bat. Also think you have already visited this theme in the last piece, so not sure you want two videos on the same subject, but your choice entirely of course, not meant to be a criticism but instead point out that you might lose a different opportunity to showcase a different subject. I just love the lip sync you have been playing with lately, great job and your vo in the last piece was dead on. The combination of mixing a serious subject with a fun genre was great. Again, for what its worth, i always like to leave em laughing, or at least smiling. People like to smile. On the other hand sometimes it is time to leave them crying.

    ReplyDelete